The Everyday Hero Alliance is a movement that seeks to gather together inspiring youth along with the organizations and people who support them to form a unified front against the rising epidemic of Opioid addiction that is threatening the state of Delaware. We live in a day and age where substance abuse has ravaged families from all economic and social backgrounds and have come to the point where it is time to take a stand against fight for the future of our community.
Guided by the principle belief that we have the power to create and cause the world we want to live in to manifest, we are conducting a search to find creative and motivated youth leaders who want to make a difference in this world by sharing their gifts, talents and ideas in a way that promotes positive lifestyles and good decision making.
Check out our Everyday Hero Contest HERE
1. Everyday Heroes only take medicine if it has been prescribed to them by a doctor.
2. Everyday Heroes do not take more medicine or take it more often than instructed.
3. Everyday Heroes never mix pain medicines with alcohol, sleeping pills, or any illicit substance.
4. Everyday Heroes make sure their family stores medicine in a safe place where children or pets cannot reach it.
5. Everyday Heroes learn the signs of overdose and know when to call for help.
7. Everyday Heroes teach your family and friends how to respond to an overdose.
8 Everyday Heroes Dispose of unused medication properly.
9. Everyday Heroes have the strength to resist peer pressure.